Tuesday, December 16, 2008

You HAVE to start somewhere...

Okay, okay, I'll admit it--I CAN, in fact, bench more than the bar.

(after all, I didn't say that the bar was the MOST, I could bench, did I?)

In opening this blog, I really just wanted to create almost more of a dialogue with others who are making their own personal attempts at physical fitness, and realizing one thing:  

FITNESS IS TOUGH.

Each of us has a unique fitness ideal.  For me--I'm a baller (oh, and when I say 'baller', I mean a connoisseur of BASKETBALL; various and sundry people have found it to their liking to assume that one who enjoys, say, BASEBALL, could be considered a 'baller' of sorts, but this would be incorrect, as would FOOTballer, or any other sort of baller.  But I digress...)--and as such am a rather enthusiastic pursuer of fitness regimens that are geared towards explosiveness, speed and power.  That's not to say I won't be discussing other types of training--I am interested in everything from yoga benefits to marathon/triathlon training to bodybuilding.  Anything fitness is open for discussion in this blog, and I would appreciate any comments or direction regarding possible fitness topics to address.

Yes, I love long sentences, and I will frequently diverge on slightly pertinent tangents mid-sentence in somewhat of a more accessible James Joycean spew.  The truth is, anything I write will more closely resemble transcripts from a Jim Rome interview than anything from the literary world, but...well...you get the idea.

I look forward to garnering the interest of a few readers who can help me in my fitness quest.  

In the meantime, I invite you to visit the website I manage for WAY MORE info about staying fit and living a healthy lifestyle.

--Tony





P.S. This is what I'm working toward.  I'll try to get up videos of myself in the future, and you can let me know how to reach my goal.



No comments:

Post a Comment